Butternut Squash Mac n Cheese2 min read
Butternut Squash Mac n Cheese
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Whole Time: 45 minutes Servings: 6
A creamy tumble mac and cheese with butternut squash puree and sage!
- 1 pound pasta (gluten-free for gluten-cost-free)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all-reason flour (rice flour for gluten-totally free)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups milk (or broth)
- 2 cups cheese, shredded*
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard (optional)
- 2 cups butternut squash puree (or pumpkin puree)
- salt and pepper to flavor
- Start out cooking the pasta as directed on the bundle.
- Meanwhile, soften the butter in a significant saucepan above medium warmth and cook dinner till it starts to flip a mild golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkling in the flour, mix in the garlic and sage and cook, mixing, until eventually it turns a gentle golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Insert the milk, carry to a simmer, mixing, and prepare dinner until finally it thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat, increase the cheese and permit it melt into the sauce.
- Mix in the nutmeg, mustard, and butternut squash puree prior to seasoning with salt and pepper to style.
- Drain the pasta, reserving some of the cooking h2o.
- Mix the pasta into the sauce, optionally including some of the reserved cooking drinking water to thin the sauce out, if wanted.
Solution: Use your favorite cheese or mix of cheeses. I like powerful cheddar or gruyere, fontiona, and so forth. alongside with parmesan, pecorino, etc. Blue cheese is wonderful with butternut squash!
Alternative: Include 4 ounces product cheese in addition to the shredded cheese!
Choice: Best with a crispy breadcrumb topping! (Melt 1/4 cup butt in a pan, add 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs, combine and cook until eventually frivolously golden brown prior to sprinkling about the mac and cheese!
Option: Garnish with crispy butter fried sage!
Option: Garnish with bacon, or pancetta, or sausage, or shredded pepperoni! (Fried until eventually crispy!)
Possibility: Garnish with sauteed mushrooms!
Selection: Garnish with pepitas!