Beef Starter Recipes Which Melt in the Mouth2 min read
Starter recipes with beef can ensure that your dinner party makes an impression from the first course to the dessert. Choosing beef as a starter is considered unusual, as many people have this meat as their main course. However, if you select the correct recipe, you will be able to create a light and appetizing starter that everyone will enjoy.
Choosing a classic starter may seem boring; however, if you over-complicate the menu, you may regret it on the night. Dinner parties are for socializing with your family and friends; therefore, taking the time to choose your starter recipes with beef carefully is essential.
If you can prepare some of the ingredients beforehand, it will provide you with less to do on the night, and as any busy home cook knows that can be handy. Slice the beef in advance, marinate it in advance, or do some of the other prep work ahead of time if you are able to.
Deciding on the style of starter recipes with beef
You will need to consider the style of meal that your want to prepare, and this will often determine what starters you choose.
Very formal meals may require structured starters which need to be served; however, it is true that more casual meals could be served buffet-style. There are even beef starters which can be served for either occasion.
Recipe for beef satay and ginger dipping sauce
This straightforward style of starter recipes with beef is ideal as they can be prepared in advance and served at every dinner party.
This recipe serves twelve but it is delicious and your guests might ask for more.
You will need:
· 350g sirloin steak
· 3 large red bell peppers, cut into triangles
· 4 spring onions (green onions)
· Wooden skewers
For the dipping sauce:
· 2 tbsps sugar
· 1 tbsp finely chopped shallot
· 125ml rice vinegar
· 1 tsp grated root ginger
· 1 tsp garlic paste
· 55g finely chopped red bell pepper
How to make this recipe:
· Soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes
· Freeze the steak for 25 minutes
· Make the dipping sauce by mixing all the ingredients together in a small bowl
· Blanch the bell peppers for 1 minute in boiling water
· Remove them and dry with paper towels
· Preheat the grill to high
· Slice steak into very thin strips, before threading onto the skewers alternating with pepper triangles and spring onion
· Grill for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through
· Serve hot or cold with the dipping sauce
If you like this recipe, beef rissoles might also appeal to you. This is another timeless, classic starter recipe with beef.