Get ready to up your breakfast match with the upcoming tutorial in the Ambitious Kitchen area Chicago Series. Abra and I have been all over the town searching for the most effective eats and treats all-around — verify out the finest salads, cookies & sandwiches! Don’t forget to adhere to @AmbitiousKitchen on Instagram to see all of our guides and movies.
Have any suggestions or kinds of foods we should check out? Leave a remark at the finish of this publish or on our Chicago Sequence Instagram posts.
We’re so psyched to share the complete ideal breakfast sandwiches in Chicago that make the fantastic, delectable weekend brunch or weekday pick-me-up. These cafes and restaurants are a ought to-try out if you stay in Chicago or if you’re traveling to! You will understand a couple of our favs that have been showcased in our prior guides, so you know they are an amazing go-to.
- The Really Hungry Caterpillar from Sunflour Bakery & Cafe: 4250 N Maritime Dr.
- Biscuit Egg Breakfast Sandwich from Hexe Espresso Co.: 2000 W. Diversey Pkwy.
- Steingold’s Traditional Lox from Steingold’s Deli: 3737 N Southport Ave.
- The Bestest Seller from Smack Dab: 6730 N Clark St.
- The Potato-Nator from Tempesta Current market: 1372 W. Grand Ave.
- BLT + Egg on a Biscuit from The Biscuit Guy: 1612 W Irving Park Rd.
Get just about every of the breakfast sandwich deets underneath!
Sunflour Bakery & Cafe
Abra initial learned Sunflour Cafe when she moved to the Buena Park neighborhood and fell in really like with quite a lot every menu item. It is positioned inside of the Go Grocer at the base of an condominium building, so it is truly a concealed gem. They have great coffee drinks, scrumptious pastries sourced from about the city, selfmade vegan hummus with exciting flavors, and tons of wonderful lunch & breakfast sandwiches. The sandwiches are tremendous fresh and their fresh new baguettes are everyyyything.
- The Incredibly Hungry Caterpillar: this breakfast sandwich does not mess all over. For these mornings in which you require some serious sustenance, choose up this delish sandwich with ham, scrambled eggs, cheddar, muenster, spinach, honey mustard and mayo on a toasted baguette. The baguette is good and toasty with the fantastic, gentle chew on the within. Abra isn’t a substantial mustard lover but the honey mustard adds a whole new element to the sandwich. Certainly, it’s terrific for splitting, far too!
Hexe Coffee Co.
Hi, outdated mate! Hexe is back in our guide with a further will have to-get menu product. We have shared their extraordinary vegan & gluten totally free chocolate chip walnut cookie in our cookie guideline, and their scrumptious turkey sandwich in our first sandwich guide. They opened back in 2019 and have remarkable coffee beverages, baked items, cocktails, and of class, sandwiches. Now it’s time to pull up to their patio, purchase a super pleasurable espresso consume and get their famed breakfast sandwich.
- Biscuit Egg Breakfast Sandwich: I tried out this beauty a number of weeks back and it was SO tasty and filling. Their savory biscuit has a great crumb and they top it with scrambled egg, cheese, and your option of bacon or sausage. I went for the sausage mainly because it is home made ideal there! Obsessed. They also give you jam on the aspect due to the fact who doesn’t love a sweet & savory combo? Their biscuit sandwich is served till it is offered out, so I advise receiving there suitable in the morning to snag 1!
Steingold’s opened back again in 2017 and rapidly became a single of the most well-liked bagel locations in Chicago. They’re regarded for their exclusive requires on conventional Jewish deli recipes, and they had been named one particular of the ideal dining places in Chicago by Food stuff Community last year beneath the “Modern Deli” classification. You’ll come across the greatest, New York design bagels with that fantastic chew, in addition tons of sandwiches and sides like pastrami, lox, smoked whitefish salad, BLT, and much more. They typically launch restricted edition bagel & cream cheese flavors on their Instagram, also! Every single weekend in May they are that includes a blueberry buttermilk pancake bagel with lemon ricotta maple cream cheese. OMG Yes.
- Steingold’s Vintage Lox: we switched it up from eggs to share the astounding signature lox sandwich. It is piled superior with house cured Skuna Bay lox, cream cheese, purple onion, tomato, capers and pickled cucumbers on your selection of bagel. We went with the every thing bagel and chive product cheese and the flavors were *chef’s kiss*. They definitely do not skimp on the lox and the fresh new veggies incorporate the ideal balance. If you are a supporter of lox, this sandwich is a ought to check out in Chicago!
We’re heading up north to Roger’s Park to come across the coveted Smack Dab cafe. Abra found Smack Dab a pair of many years back again and it is one particular of her all-time favs. Not only do they have remarkable menu merchandise like biscuit breakfast sandwiches (we’ll get to that), donuts, breakfast burritos, fun espresso drinks & Friday night time pizzas, but they also function difficult to advantage the neighborhood close to them. On the 1st Wednesday of each individual thirty day period, they serve up a totally free community dinner with vegan & gluten no cost solutions for everyone in the community who desires/wants just one. They also donate $1000 really worth of meals to The Enjoy Fridge each thirty day period — a mutual support group that functions to position neighborhood fridges throughout the town.
- The Bestest Vendor: this outstanding breakfast sandwich has scrambled egg, cheese, sausage, garlic chive mayo & bacon jam on their signature cheesy biscuit. The garlic chive mayo is extraordinary and the sweet & savory bacon jam takes this sammie to the following stage. Pair this sandwich with a delicious espresso drink like the “Spring in Blue-m Latte,” which has wonderful blueberry sage syrup, and even a homemade cake donut (rotating, pleasurable flavors!)
You may perhaps realize Tempesta from our sandwich information mainly because they are really one of the very best in the biz for all sorts of sandwiches. You are going to also come across yummy sides, meats & cheese for charcuterie boards, wine & gelato in the marketplace, so there’s actually anything for everybody. It’s 1 of Abra’s all-time favs, so we had to get their famous breakfast sandwich.
- The Potato-Nator: *warning* this breakfast sammie is giant, messy and definitely tasty. It has a huge hash brown patty, bacon, pickled crimson onion, lettuce, tomato, American cheese, a sunnyside up egg, ‘nduja aioli and ‘nduja hot sauce on a butter brioche bun. WHOA. This toddler is much more of a knife-and-fork sandwich and we’re not mad about it. Get some more napkins all set and pull up a chair on their seasonal patio with this 1!
The Biscuit Male
In situation you’re thinking if breakfast sandwiches are built even much better on freshly baked biscuits, they are. The Biscuit Guy is counter-assistance design and style situated within of the Lengthy Room in Ravenswood — a cozy bar with distinctive cocktails, coffee & a spacious beer backyard. Zeeshan Shah started out The Biscuit Gentleman again in 2015 just after functioning at lots of award-winning eating places and bars in Chicago. You’ll locate a go-to location for exclusive breakfast sandwiches all on tender, correctly flaky, housmade biscuits. Appreciate it at the Lengthy Area bar or patio with a coffee consume or a small brunch cocktail!
- BLT + Egg on a Biscuit: this fantastic biscuit sandwich has a tacky scrambled egg, bacon, spring lettuce, aioli and tomato jam. The tomato jam provides a pretty sweetness paired with all of the savory things, and the biscuit is significantly SO smooth and mouth watering. There is nothing even worse than a dry biscuit, and The Biscuit Male actually knocks it out of the park. We suggest splitting this sandwich and their “Basic Biscuit,” which has their signature tomato jam and goat cheese. The combo is unreal.
Look at out our other guides
I hope you enjoy this information in our AK Chicago Series! Did we skip any of your favorite Chicago breakfast sandwiches? Let us know in the opinions under.
Allow us know what Chicago-primarily based foods series we must do next!