You’re going to love how easy it is to make frozen fish sticks in the air fryer! They’re golden, delicious, and ready for your favorite dips.
When it comes to cooking delicious treats in the air fryer, the options are endless. You can whip up anything from egg rolls and mozzarella sticks to fried chicken and stuffed peppers in minutes with incredible results!
How to Make Frozen Fish Sticks in the Air Fryer
For those nights when you want a warm, delicious snack with no prep involved, the air fryer is (yet again) the answer. When it comes to frozen things like pizza rolls, taquitos, and fries, air frying is the only cooking method I’ll use to make them. They’re fresh and golden as if you’d made them from scratch! Frozen fish sticks are a new addition to add to the list that are just that and more! They’re crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and you won’t be able to stop at one!
Air fryer frozen fish sticks are just so amazing. With how fresh they taste, you would never think they came frozen in a bag! They’re perfect for game days, appetizers, or an after school snack. Pair them with your favorite dipping sauce for an absolutely irresistible treat! Your family won’t be able to get enough. And if you need more super easy air fryer recipes to make in a pinch, find my full list here.
Things You’ll Need to Make Them
No ingredients here! Your air fryer fish sticks only need a spray of olive oil in order to cook up nicely.
- Frozen Fish Sticks: Use your favorite brand here! This recipe works for all different types of frozen fish sticks. Pollock, cod, and haddock are typically the kinds I use.
- Olive Oil Spray: Olive oil spray keeps your frozen fish sticks from sticking to the basket and also adds to their crispiness.
- Tartar Sauce: (Optional) No fish sticks are complete without some yummy tartar sauce for dipping! Psst- it tastes much better when you make it from scratch!
How Long Do You Cook Frozen Fish Sticks in an Air Fryer?
With a cooking time this short and sweet, you can’t go wrong! It’s my go-to when I want a hot, crispy snack in a snap. They’re ready in almost half the time it takes to cook them in the oven.
- Prepare Basket: Start by spraying your air fryer basket with olive oil.
- Add Fish Sticks: Next, add your frozen fish sticks to the basket.
- Air Fry: Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 minutes, then flip them over and bake for another 3-5 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Serve With Tartar Sauce: Make our tartar sauce recipe and dip your fish sticks in it!
Tips and Delicious Dips
Making air fryer frozen fish sticks is as easy as it gets. Here’s a quick tip on getting them as crispy as possible and a few of my favorite dips to serve alongside!
- Don’t Overcrowd Basket: Your fish sticks need plenty of room in between them in order to get nice and crispy. Airflow is key when cooking anything in an air fryer! Also, only cook a single layer at a time. If you stack fish sticks they won’t cook properly.
- Add Seasonings: For an extra boost of flavor, sprinkle your frozen fish sticks with a little lemon pepper or Cajun seasoning!
- Dips to Serve With: Tartar sauce is always a must, but these fish sticks also taste great with honey mustard, buffalo sauce, cocktail sauce, or just regular old ketchup! You’ll have to test them out with your other favorite sauces as well! They’re perfectly dippable.
Ah, yes, you made too many fish sticks but they’re too delicious to throw away. You can store them for a few days to enjoy later!
- In the Refrigerator: Store your fish sticks in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheating: To keep them crispy, I like reheating my fish sticks in the air fryer. Pop them in for 4-5 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Start by spraying your air fryer basket with olive oil.
Add the frozen fish sticks to the basket.
Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes, then flip them over and bake for another 3-5 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
Make our tartar sauce recipe and dip your fish sticks in it!
Calories220kcal (11%)Carbohydrates20g (7%)Protein11g (22%)Fat10g (15%)Saturated Fat2.5g (13%)Polyunsaturated Fat6gMonounsaturated Fat1.5gCholesterol35mg (12%)Sodium420mg (18%)Potassium110mg (3%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.