This vegan coleslaw is the excellent summer time side dish. A creamy, sweet, and tangy dressing coats a lot of crunchy veggies – no one’ll guess that it is really vegan!
This easy vegan coleslaw is the best side dish for a summertime cookout, picnic, or BBQ. It tastes just like typical coleslaw, but the components all take place to be 100% plant-centered. A creamy, sweet, and tangy dressing coats crunchy cabbage, carrots, and scallions. Set it out at your subsequent gathering with whatsoever you’re grilling, and I promise, it’ll be a hit! No just one will guess that this coleslaw is vegan.
Vegan Coleslaw Recipe Components
This vegan coleslaw recipe phone calls for 10 uncomplicated substances:
- Cabbage – I enjoy using a combine of purple cabbage and green cabbage to build a mix of hues, but you could decide just a person or the other if you desire.
- Carrots – For additional coloration and crunch! As a substitute of building shredded carrots on a box grater, shave them into slender ribbons working with a vegetable peeler.
- Scallions – They give the slaw an oniony chunk.
- Vegan mayonnaise – It presents the dressing its creamy texture. Use store-purchased, or make your own!
- Apple cider vinegar and Dijon mustard – For tang.
- Maple syrup – It sweetens the dressing.
- Celery seed – Its savory flavor tastes amazing with the sweet and tangy dressing.
- And salt and pepper – To make all the flavors pop!
Discover the complete recipe with measurements below.
The first step in this vegan coleslaw recipe is producing the dressing. You are going to appreciate this do-it-yourself dressing. It is SO substantially more flavorful than a keep-purchased a single, and it’s built with a handful of primary ingredients. It’s super effortless to blend up, also. Just include the components to a bowl and whisk to blend!
Then, toss alongside one another the veggies. I like to shred the cabbage and slice the carrots and scallions myself because I believe it offers the slaw the very best texture and taste. But in a pinch, pre-shredded coleslaw combine will work in this article as well. As soon as you merge the scallions, cabbage, and carrots, increase the dressing and toss to coat.
Season to style, and you’re prepared to serve! This vegan coleslaw also keeps well in the fridge for up to 2 times.
What to Serve with Vegan Coleslaw
This vegan coleslaw is the ideal side dish for a potluck or cookout! For a excellent plant-centered BBQ, check out pairing it with any of these most important dish vegan recipes:
Round out the meal with one more salad or two (consider my Summer months Fruit Salad or Tortellini Salad) and corn on the cob. Do not ignore the lemonade to consume!
A lot more Vegan Picnic Salads
If you love this vegan coleslaw recipe, test a single of these vegan salads upcoming:
Serves 4 to 6
Tossed in a creamy, tangy selfmade dressing, this vegan coleslaw is a delectable facet dish for summer season cookouts and BBQs! It retains properly in the fridge for up to 2 days. Gluten-free of charge, dairy-free of charge.
- Scant ¾ cup Vegan Mayo*
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ¾ teaspoon celery seed
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 8 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, peeled into skinny ribbons
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
Make the dressing. In a medium bowl, whisk alongside one another the mayo, apple cider vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, celery seed, salt, and several grinds of pepper.
Make the coleslaw. In a large bowl, toss collectively the cabbage, carrots, and scallions. Pour the dressing over the prime and toss to coat. Period to style with additional salt and pepper as desired.
*For keep-bought vegan mayo, we like Sir Kensington’s Fabannaise or Preferred Meals.