Here are all of the Sally’s Baking Challenge recipes in 1 place. This page makes it easy for you to see which recipes on my website have been previous baking challenge recipes… just in case you want to try them all at some point!
What is Sally’s Baking Challenge?
Sally’s Baking Challenge is a monthly baking tradition. I started this monthly baking challenge in 2017 to connect with readers, create a positive baking community, and challenge myself (and readers) in the kitchen. On the 1st day of each month, I share a new Sally’s Baking Challenge recipe and encourage readers to bake that recipe during the month. The point is to help you learn new kitchen skills, get creative, and have fun! On the last day of the month, a winner is randomly selected. Find details and answers to FAQs over on the Sally’s Baking Challenge page.
Subscribe to Sally’s Baking Challenge
My team and I have a dedicated email list for anyone interested in Sally’s Baking Challenge. Subscribing is completely free and simply keeps you in the know when a new Sally’s Baking Challenge recipe is live. You can subscribe below or subscribe on this page.
Use this list to find all of the previous baking challenge recipes.
Each recipe now has the participants’ photos included!
2022 Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipes
- January: Honey Wheat English Muffins
- February: Fudge Chocolate Pastry Tarts
- March: 6 Inch Sunshine Citrus Cake
- April: Croissant Bread
2021 Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipes
- January: Homemade Stromboli
- February: Chocolate Soufflé
- March: French Macarons
- April: Lemon Blueberry Tart
- May: Rich & Fluffy Chocolate Sweet Rolls
- June: Asiago Cheese & Sun-Dried Tomato Quick Bread
- July: Homemade Berry Turnovers
- August: Ice Cream Loaf Cake
- September: Soft Pretzel Knots
- October: Pumpkin Spice Roll Cookies
- November: Cranberry Apple Slab Pie
- December: Shortbread Wedge Cookies
2020 Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipes
- January: Homemade Artisan Bread
- February: Perfect Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- March: How to Make Crepes
- April: Homemade Flatbread Pizza
- May: Mini Fruit Galettes
- June: Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- July: Fresh Berry Cream Cake
- August: Breakfast Pastries with Shortcut Homemade Dough
- September: Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
- October: Baked Apples
- November: No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- December: Stained Glass Window Cookies
2019 Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipes
- January: Homemade Bagels
- February: Homemade Chocolate Truffles
- March: Lemon Bars with Shortbread Crust
- April: Soft Dinner Rolls
- May: Master Scones Recipe
- June: Angel Food Cake
- July: No-Bake Cheesecake Jars
- August: Vertical Cake (Lemon and Blueberry)
- September: Homemade Cheese Bread
- October: Homemade Caramel Apples
- November: Pecan Praline Pumpkin Pie
- December: Homemade Butter Cookies
2018 Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipes
- January: Homemade Bread Bowls
- February: Chocolate Cake Pops
- March: Vanilla Naked Cake
- April: How to Make Croissants
- May: Classic Cheesecake
- June: Brownie Baked Alaska
- July: Apple Hand Pies
- August: Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer Cake
- September: Choux Pastry
- October: Pumpkin Spice Toffee
- November: Savory Vegetable Cheese Tart
- December: Gingerbread House
2017 Sally’s Baking Challenge Recipes
I created Sally’s Baking Challenge at the end of January 2017, so there are only 11 challenge recipes in 2017.
- February: Chocolate Lava Cakes
- March: Sky High Chocolate Mousse Pie
- April: How to Pipe a Two-Toned Frosting Rose
- May: Strawberries n’ Cream Cake Roll
- June: Lemon Blueberry Icebox Cake
- July: Cherry Pie
- August: Checkerboard Cake
- September: Sunflower Cupcakes
- October: Pumpkin Roll
- November: Pie Crust Designs
- December: Snowman Sugar Cookies
As you see, the 1st baking challenge recipe was published in February 2017, and at that time, I had a few dozen readers participate. Now my team and I receive thousands of entries every month. It’s thrilling to know that bakers from all over the world are making the same recipe each month. Maybe we’re not physically together, but we’re certainly having a collective experience in the kitchen.
Sally’s Baking Challenge 2023 Plans!
I want to let everyone know in advance that we will take a break from Sally’s Baking Challenge in 2023 so that I can work on my next cookbook. And the time my team spends on gathering entries for our monthly challenges will be dedicated to testing new recipes. All good things! This page and all of the Sally’s Baking Challenge recipes aren’t going anywhere in 2023, and I will still publish new (non-baking challenge) recipes as normal!
Q: How many baking challenge recipes have you tried?
Sally’s Baking Challenge
I publish a new challenge recipe on the 1st of each month. Join the Sally’s Baking Challenge email list (separate from my regular email list) so you never miss a challenge recipe or announcement.