This post may contain affiliate links.
This recipe for Air Fryer Chicken Legs is the best for perfectly seasoned drumsticks without heavy breading and extra oil. They are juicy on the inside with mouthwatering crispy, crunchy skin. If that were not enough, they are ready to serve in just 25 minutes!
One of life’s simple pleasures is fried chicken. I’ve been a fan since, well, like forever. The thing is, I’m not into all the breading, coating, and standing over the stove babysitting it while it cooks.
My solution to fix “my issue” is the air fryer. Over the past year or so, I’ve been cooking chicken in the air fryer and honestly, it turns out so good that I don’t even consider traditional frying anymore.
Why I Love This Recipe
- It’s easy! With 5 simple ingredients, this recipe is super easy to prep.
- I can have the chicken cooked and ready to serve in just 25 minutes.
- Chicken Legs are inexpensive, making them perfect for a family meal or when I’m feeding a crowd.
- It is dependable. The chicken is tender, and juicy with crispy gold skin and turns out perfectly every time.
Ingredients Needed For This Recipe
- Bone-in Skin-on Chicken Legs (Drumsticks) – choose ones that are about the same size, so they will cook evenly.
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning – I use Weber Zesty Lemon Seasoning.
- Paprika – Smoked Paprika can be substituted if you like a more intense flavor.
- Garlic Powder
- Kosher Salt
Scroll down for the ingredient measurements and full cooking instructions.
Are Chicken Legs The Same As Drumsticks?
Most folks, including me, use the terms “drumstick” and “chicken leg” interchangeably. The chicken leg is actually the entire leg, with the thigh and drumstick combined.
How To Air Fry Chicken Legs
- Take the chicken out of the packaging and pat dry.
- Place the chicken legs in a bowl and mix up the seasoning.
- Sprinkle the chicken liberally with the seasoning.
- Place in the air fryer and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Pro Tip: do not overcrowd the air fryer. The air needs to circulate around the chicken so that it cooks evenly and the skin gets crispy. If necessary, work in batches.
How Long Do Chicken Legs (Drumsticks) Cook In The Air Fryer?
Set the air fryer temperature to 400 degrees. Preheat for 5 minutes, then place the chicken legs in the basket. Cook for 10 minutes, flip the chicken and continue to cook for 10 minutes. If chicken has not reached 165 degrees, cook for an additional 3-5 minutes at 400 degrees.
What To Serve With Chicken Legs
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love!
Last But Not Least…
I love hearing from you, so please leave a rating and a comment if you don’t mind. And don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with a photo.
Air Fryer Chicken Legs (Drumsticks)
This recipe for Air Fryer Chicken Legs is the best for perfectly seasoned drumsticks without heavy breading and extra oil. They are juicy on the inside with mouthwatering crispy, crunchy skin. If that were not enough, they are ready to serve in 20 minutes!
- 4-6 chicken legs bone-in/skin-on
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Remove chicken legs from packaging, pat dry, and place in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, add lemon pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and salt. Mix together and sprinkle over chicken legs.
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Place the chicken in the basket of the air fryer. Cook for 10 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
Chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. If not reached, when the timer goes off, continue to cook for 3-5 more minutes.
Remove chicken from the basket of the air fryer and serve hot or at room temperature.
Want To Know More About Air Frying?
If you are new to cooking with an Air Fryer or just don’t know where to start, I’ve got something to help. I’ve put together a helpful guide with tips and recipes to get you using the Air Fryer like a pro!
How To Get Started With Air Frying